Join us Saturday, July 13, for dinner and music to celebrate Leif Eie! A pillar in Seattle's Nordic-American community, Leif has seen it all and done it all—but now what he'd like to see is your face at his 90th birthday party. Reserve your ticket today ($48 per person).
Sweden's hottest restaurant is ... a rustic campsite deep in the forest? Evidently so! At Stedsans in the Woods, you can unplug from everything, take a sauna on a lake—and still enjoy a gourmet dinner every night. Who says you can't have it all?
Eater's Sheldon Simeon stops by the Swedish Club for lutfisk and meatballs. Ever wonder what goes on in our kitchen? You might be surprised.
Swedish School Gets Noticed
The Seattle Swedish School, which meets in our building, received a very nice writeup in Swedish magazine SMUL. Follow the link and you'll find the article on page 37—in Swedish!
Seattle Swedish Community Scholarships announces its 2019 scholarship winners:
- Bert Hagg Award #1 ($3,500): Arne Grette, Liberty High School
- Bert Hagg Award #2 ($3,500): Vy Ta, Chief Sealth International High School
- Fern and Sven Halgren Award ($3,500): Fiona Okech, Federal Way High School
- SSCS Program Award ($1,500): Brian Xie, Inglemoor High School
- Josef Oscarsson Award ($1,500): Daniel Kassaye, Garfield High School
Donate to our scholarship fund and support a student studying Swedish language and culture in the UW Scandinavian Studies department. Invest in the future of Swedish-American cultural exchange.